Training Opportunities for Open Data
The following courses and other training opportunities can help you to deepen your knowledge about Open Data.
- Five-week MOOC course “Transparent and Open Social Science Research” from the Berkeley Initiative for Transparency in the Social Sciences (BITSS) which covers, among other things, pre-registration, pre-analysis plans and meta-analysis as well as replication and Open Data.
- The Resource Library of the Berkeley Initiative for Transparency in the Social Sciences (BITSS) contains resources for learning, teaching and practicing research transparency and reproducibility. These are categorised according to topics, types and disciplines, for example “Economics”.
- The Slide Deck Library of the BITSS contains presentation slides on topics about Open Science and research data.
- Open Data for Data Users (self-paced), course from the World Bank Group
- Open Data for Data Producers (self-paced), course from the World Bank Group
- Subject-specific courses from Data Carpentry for data competence. There are already courses available in the field of social sciences, among others. Courses on further disciplines, such as economics, are in preparation.
- “Research Data Management: An introductory Webinar” by OpenAIRE and EUDAT
- “Open Science: Sharing your research with the world” – Module 2 Research Data Management.
- Open Science MOOC – Open Research Data (in development)
- Open Science MOOC – Reproducible Research and Data Analysis (in development).
- The FOSTER portal offers the course “Managing and Sharing Research Data”, covering FAIR principles as well as writing a data management plan, storage in a suitable data repository, and how you can achieve maximum impact with your research data.
- MANTRA Research Data Management Training is a free-of-charge online course for researchers offered by the University of Edinburgh.
- A five-week MOOC “Research Data Management and Sharing”, also from the University of Edinburgh together with the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, is offered on the website Coursera. At the end of the MOOCs, you can apply for a certificate.
- The course “Data Management Expert Guide” from the Consortium of European Social Science Data Archives is for all those who want to design research data according to the FAIR principles.
- Training videos from the RWTH Aachen University on research data management
- The Research Data Management Adventure Game by University of Bath Library in collaboration with Stellenbosch University teaches within approximately one hour how to better manage research data.